WRT-PRO Whitewater Rescue Technician Professional
WRT-PRO is a 3 day course, designed by river professionals for river professionals.
We run hands on scenario based training. You get continuous feedback with room for improvment and development of your skills. Time is often the biggest challenge in a rescue situation. This means that the outcome of the efforts is largely influenced by proper action at the right time. To achieve ours goals we focus on simplicity, improvisation and communication.
Our philosophy is about being proactive, both individually and as a group. Each trip on the river gets even better with relevant knowledge, equipment and training.
We strive to adjust the course according our students experience.
Contact us for a closed course for your group.
The courses are adjusted according to the participants’ experience and prerequisites.
- River hydrology and hazards
- Personal equipment
- Technical and group equipment
- River running considerations
- Assessing risk
- Managing an incident
- Medical considerations
- Night/poor visibility considerations
- Introduction to searching rivers
- Whitewater swimming techniques
- Strainer swim
- Conditional rescues – throwbags
- Shallow water techniques
- Foot/body entrapments
- Knots and anchor systems
- Tensioning systems and mechanical advantage
- Tethered rescues
- Line crossing methods
- Tensioned diagonals/zip lines
- Boat pins and wraps
- Tethered boat techniques
- Victim/casualty management
- Belay systems
- Boat on a highline (optional)